Saturday, December 28, 2013

What Katie Healy Has Been Doing…

Hello blog, sorry I abandoned you during the summer. I owe you an explanation, I guess.

My life has been pretty amazing lately. I am so happy and full of positivity.

So much has happened since I last blogged, the four that stand out to me are the following:


I was featured as a ‘Beauty Super Star” on the crafting giant, Cut Out and Keep. 
I did a week long day by day tutorial - a simple how to achieve my signature look, I was thrilled to be asked and very proud of the outcome.

I was invited back to speak on my local radio station, LMFM. 
The interview was all about my blog, how I got started and why I do what I do. 
The response was amazing, I was blown away by the kind words from so many local readers.

Rosemary Mac Cabe from the Irish Times wrote an article entitled ‘Dressed to invest: buying Clothes for the long haul‘  
Rosemary interviewed me about my love affair with shoes alongside two other ladies who like to purchase investment pieces.

It was a great article for once shining a positive light on what can be misconstrued as extravagant/silly spends.

Another fun opportunity came about when Kirstie McDermott from Frillseeker asked me to write a piece about my dislike of hoop earrings (I jumped at it!)

I  loved the for and against hoops argument and to be asked to contribute my ramblings for one of the (if not THE) most loved Irish  blogger's was pretty deadly.
I won best make up at the launch party and received a voucher for 100 quid to spend on cloud 10 beauty so that was pretty sweet too, just thought I would throw that in there whilst talking about Frillseeker.

I have also been freelancing like a demon. 
I have started writing a children's book but it is in its very early stages at the moment.

My personal life has been pretty great. 
I am, without a shadow of a doubt, Happy, confident and settled.
Not many people know this but I can be a terror for panic and self doubt. I am also, at times, so shy its painful. Most of my friends can tell you I am the biggest worrier ever. 
I have come on leaps and bounds lately. 
What cured me? 
Irish Rugby legend, Brian O'Driscoll. 


The Summertime was filled with fun. 
One day after an excessive night out, myself and my friend decided to go to the beach to soak up the sun (after a quick trip to Penneys) we went for a swim, drip dried and walked all over Dublin IN OUR SWIMMING COSTUMES.
Ireland mid heat wave, no one give a toss what you wear! brilliant.





Before my Birthday, I had a two week 'holiday' with my Best Friend, Helen.
Too many amazing and stupid things happened that most people would be dumbfounded by. 
But I will give you a rough outline of the highlights

I kissed a filthy Subway window for the chance to smooch Tommy Bowe.

We allowed ourselves have a few 'cultural experiences' to say the least 
(ended up in a place that rhymes with moppers)

We played far too many drinking games.

The drinking games lead to us sitting outside the Leinster Rugby H.Q having a ball listening to the Top Gun soundtrack.

One night I thought I saw a ghost, it was a flag.

I made friend with a seagull, I called him CiCi.

We had a lock in with a barman, took a rickshaw with him and ended up in a hip club.


We met drunk Doug outside of spar.
Doug was deadly. 
A man who's words of 'still drunk the morning after a house party' wisdom, will forever remain in my heart
"you two, I can tell you are best friends. Just listening to you talk. and you are RIDES, the pair of you" 
God Speed drunk Doug, God Speed.

To top it all off, we booked afternoon tea 
we never made it, but our intentions were wholesome and good.

A few weeks ago, the best weekend ever (despite the heart break) 

Ireland Vs The All Blacks.
Corporate tickets, brilliant company, amazement, euphoria and heartbreak rolled on to one epic weekend.

Myself and the utter Legend that is Helen, stayed in the Shelbourne with the Irish team the night before the big match. 
On match day we kinda had breakfast with comedian Dara O'Briain 
(well he was in the breakfast room too so I am claiming that happened)
Had a pre-match drinks at the bar and made eyes at Ronan'O Gara’s scone. 
That is not a euphemism
His actual scone.

(I just realised how Irish all the names I have been using O'are)
We cheered the Team as they left for the match and had a few pre match tipples en route to the Aviva to calm our nerves.
The match broke my heart but it was one of the best weekends of my life, I love Helen forever for that experience. We danced the pain away to a fella singing Maniac 2000, took the edge off our heart break.

Clothes wise, 2013 saw me buy far, far too many dresses
Shoe wise, I was kinda good.
Kinda.
My hair made the transition from Black and white back to my natural brown.
For some reason I put the before pic on the bottom...

I also made a once off promise to wear fake tan-
I am sure you can all guess what I wore?
The most talked about tan of the Year, Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter. 
I looked like a totally different person. It was actually insane.

Oh and I dressed up as the Good Witch from the Wizard of Oz.
I didn't have a Halloween outfit and then I realised I pretty much had all the makings of the outfit knocking about my room!.
I hope to write much more in 2014
I hope you all have a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Don't be afraid to make big decisions and turn your life in a new direction, it is worth it.
Trim the fat and remove all unwanted negativity from your life, no one needs it.
Thank you all, so much, for the continued support and kindness. 
2013 has been a troll free year and I have so much to be thankful for.
I love my blog and I love what it has opened up for me.

As always feel free to contact me:

Thanks for everything!
Katie.

9 comments:

Rara Giggles - for all your giggle and glitter needs said...

This post made me smile :) so great to see you back lady!! Hope to see you in 2014 with your gorgeous classiness! Xx

helheartsmakeup said...

You wee legend. :)

Unknown said...

Haha, love that you made friends with a seagull - don't know why but it made me laugh a lot! Awesome blog post, you look INCREDIBLE in every single photo! Also your life sounds like a dream, hope the happiness continues for you x

Unknown said...

Have missed your posts Katie. Lovely surprise to see CB mentioned in your round-up! X

B said...

Great post Katie! You've had a great few months, well done on all of your achievements :-) I'm also a bit nervous of using fake tan as I've only used it once (when I got married) so after seeing how great Cocoa Brown looks on you, I'm thinking about giving it a go in 2014.

Kirstie said...

Aww thanks so much for the mention!

Jibon Roy said...

That is an extremely well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely comeback.
Best wishes from,

S said...

Good to see you back Katie, great round up and lovely photographs, thank you for sharing! Looking forward to reading more in 2014, hope you had a lovely Christmas x

Kristiana Vasarina said...

Wow, such a great read! So many amazing things happened to you and the outfits are amazing ;-)


www.kristianavasarina.com