Sunday, August 12, 2012

Dita Von Teese ARTDECO make up look


I have been suffering from a rather unglamorous bout of flu for the last week.
On Friday my entire week of suffering was temporarily absolved when a wonderful package filled with Dita Von Teese for ARTDECO goods arrived for me to try out.
I opened the bundle up to find a stunning glossy red lipstick, two beautiful lip liners, compact powder and a pair of thick lashes-all of which were packaged beautifully..
But what else would you expect from Dita Von Teese?

With all this pretty make up sitting in my lap I decided I wanted to blog today and create a Dita inspired make up look that oozes glamour yet is simple and quick to create.
I wanted to steer clear of the black lined eye.
A Dita quote I once read popped in to my head reminding me that when she simply does not have time her make-up routine consists of a dab of powder, a slick of lipstick, a pair of sunglasses and she is good to go. A ritual I follow frequently myself.
For this look I decided to follow Dita’s simple steps...but with a slight twist. LASHES!.


To start the look off I lightly moisturised my skin to give the powder something to hold on to.
I used ARTDECO Dita Von Teese compact powder in the shade 1-Face Fatale RRP 31.25 Euro
It is is a transparent mattafieng powder with light reflecting pigments, it is so silky and smooth.
I have fallen in love with this product-
I can only imagine how flawless this powder would make skin look if worn with foundation underneath, not to mention how cute the casing is.
 I lightly dabbed the powder puff all over my face to create a matte base.
It worked a treat.
I moved on to my lips and used ARTDECO Dita Von Teese lip liner 06 Vermillion RRP 11.05 Euro
I love this lip liner, I have used it nonstop since receiving it.
It is a soft  liner that glides beautifully and does not drag on your lips, so easy to use and adds definition to your lips.
I then applied ARTDECO lipstick 208 all over my lips.
I usually go for matte lipsticks but this beautiful shiny bright red lipstick really made my lips pop against my matte face.
 I then used a pink blusher to give my cheeks subtle colour and dabbed a spot of eyeliner on my cheek to recreate Ditas iconic beauty mark.
I filled in my eyebrows using an angle brush and a black eye shadow, Dita has beautiful brows and to recreate her look defined eyebrows are a must.
The final step- eyelashes!
I used ARTDECO Dita Von Teese lashes 37 RRP 16.70 Euro
Beautiful rich thick lashes.
 I applied a little bit of eyelash adhesive to the lashes, I let the glue dry for a minute or two
 I then carefully placed the lashes on top of my own.
 Once positioned I lightly pressed the lashes down and let them dry.
And that is that, so simple yet an eye catching Dita inspired look
Feminine, Sexy and Glamorous
I can not wait to try the eyeshadows and the nail varnishes-
If they are as great as these bits and pieces I have very high hopes!

I hope you like this look and have fun creating some Dita looks of your own
x
KH

18 comments:

mysteries1984 said...

Just beautiful, well done. I really need to get my hands on some of this Dita stuff (payday is so far away)...your skin looks flawless :)

ArtDonatella said...

Oh wow, you look stunning in this post, love the make-up, hair, dress, just beautiful! Also love he shots with your reflection in the compact's mirror xoxo

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! I was very lucky to have been sent these bits to try out- I honestly adore them. I'm a huge fan of Ditas so I had high hope- everything especially the powder lived up to them!

Unknown said...

Thanks hun! The compact shots were a nightmare to take x

ArtDonatella said...

I know, I can only imagine, which is why I appreciate them ;) xx

Drea In Real Life said...

Fab look Hun. Delighted you got to try them in the end :)

Unknown said...

Wow just beautiful!
I might check those cosmetics out!

Anonymous said...

Another great blog! I loved the photos especially the compact ones.
You look totally beautiful, after reading this I simply MUST get all (or as much as I can afford) of ARTDECO's Dita range!!!

Strawberry Blonde Beauty said...

What a gorgeous post - loving your blog!

Nic x

Nora said...

You are so beautiful Katie! Skin looks flawless and the lips top it all off. Fab!

daddy's girl 517 said...

what a beautiful look! Flawless!Can't wait to get some of that make up!

Scarie said...

Wow! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Fab post, well done you. RT-ed by Dita herself! xx

Gabrielle said...

Wow! You look absolutely divine. Your look is so classic. I love your blog to bits. I can tell you really put a lot of hard work into it's creation, which is something I really admire.

Unknown said...

Thank you all so much for the kind words and support!
I just love recreating Ditas falwless look. I am overjoyed she tweeted about this blog!
x
Katie

Unknown said...

Oh my god, theses pictures are GORGEOUS! You look just stunning Katie. And the pics in the mirror are beautiful. Fantastic post xo

Lovely Girlie Bits said...

Absolutely gorgeous post missus, you look positively fabulous dahling!!

DaddyO said...

Katie, you look fantastic in these photos. It's not just the make up but your fablous face too. For more information on where to buy Dita's Artdeco line in the UK or online at her Artdeco page. http://artdeco.dita.net/ It should also be on sale in the US later this year and world wide in 2013.